Friday, July 29, 2011

The Day Before the Race!

The day before any big endurance event is very important.  I made sure Mely ate a good combination of carbs and protein and drank tons of water.  


 This afternoon was the big packet pick up event!  We headed to Ram Racing to pick up Mely's packet and this has been the first time that I have seen our tri-athlete nervous.  Well more like SUPER nervous!



Not to worry though, as soon as we were in line for her bib number, a seasoned tri-athlete had some encouraging and motivating advice.  I also think he was a little jealous because no one had a blog of him!


And of course after she saw the awesome back pack they gave to all participants the nerves were out the door.


After the packet pickup I made our tri-athlete her requested dinner of pasta with chicken and spinach and mushroom sauce! She had 3 helping!


HER BIB NUMBER IS 652! We will be following you!


 Check back tomorrow starting around 6 AM!!!


1 comment: